Upcoming Events - Save the Date
2021 ITSCC Annual Member Meeting
Thursday, March 18, 2021
Thursday, March 19, 2020
2019 ITSCC Annual Member Meeting
Thursday, February 28, 2019
The National Press Club
529 14th Street NW, 13th Floor
Washington, DC, USA
2018 ITSCC Retreat
Thursday, September 27 – Sunday, September 30, 2018
Essex Conference & Retreat Center
Essex, Massachusetts, USA
ITSCC at the International Investigative Dermatology (IID) 2018 Meeting
Thursday, May 17, 2018
6:00 – 7:30 pm
Panzacola Room G1
Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
Orlando, Florida, USA
Visit the IID website
2018 ITSCC Member Meeting at the AAD
Thursday, February 15, 2018
5:30 – 8:30 pm
San Diego, California, USA
The Ultimate Skybox at Diamond View
350 Tenth Ave., San Diego, CA 92101
Program Director: Seaver Soon, MD
ITSCC members came together for a scientific program during the AAD meeting in San Diego. The educational session started with a brief business meeting followed by presentations and a Tumor Board focused on immunotherapy.
ITSCC Transplant Dermatology Symposium at SID 2017
ITSCC colleagues joined together for the second annual ITSCC Transplant Dermatology Symposium on Thursday, April 27 at the annual meeting of the Society for Investigative Dermatology in Portland, Oregon. The symposium was directed by Oscar Colegio, MD, PhD. Four oral abstracts were presented at this Symposium:
- Genomic analysis reveals drivers of high-risk subsets of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma
- Tran Nguyen, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, Kimal Rajapakshe, Baylor College of Medicine, Vida Chitsazzadeh, University of Texas Health Sciences Center Houston, Kimberly Truong, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, Chrysalyne Schmults, Harvard Medical School, AP South, TJU, Raymond Cho, University of California, San Francisco, Cristian Coarfa, Baylor College of Medicine, K Tsai, RDEB SCC Sequencing Consortium.
- Risk factors of high frequency basal cell carcinoma: Gender, histologic subtypes, anatomic distribution, and associated immunosuppression
- Karen Kuo, Stanford University School of Medicine, Hyunje Cho, Stanford University School of Medicine, Prag Batra, Stanford University School of Medicine, Shufeng Li, Stanford University School of Medicine, Kerri Rieger, Stanford Dermatology, Jean Tang, Stanford University, Kavita Sarin, Stanford University.
- Cutaneous infection rates are not affected by chronic HIV(+) or HCV(+) coinfection in organ transplant recipients
- Kumar Nadhan, Drexel Dermatology, Scott Shipman, Drexel Dermatology, Erin Buchanan, Drexel Dermatology, Gregory Malat, Drexel Surgery, Alden Doyle, University of Virginia, Christina Chung, Drexel Dermatology
- IL-22 promotes early aggressive behavior of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC); A murine xenograft model
- Melody Abikhair, Dept of Derm, NYU Langone Med Ctr, Nazanin Roudiani, Dept of Derm, NYU Langone Med Ctr, Alexis Santana, Dept of Derm, NYU Langone Med Ctr, Jie Chen, Inst for Ped Urol, Weill Cornell Medicine, Diane Felsen, Inst for Ped Urol, Weill Cornell Medicine, John Carucci, Dept of Derm, NYU Langone Med Ctr.
Congrats to all on a successful event.
(L-R) Christina Chung, Oscar Colegio, Melody Abikhair, Tran Nguyen, Karen Kuo.
ITSCC Members Present “Topics in Transplant” at ACMS Annual Meeting
ITSCC Past President Fiona Zwald, MD, MRCPI moderated a session, “Topics in Transplant from ITSCC” at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the American College of Mohs Surgery at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square on Saturday, April 29.
Zwald and speakers Matthew Fox, MD and Justin Leitenberger, MD discussed the importance of obtaining a medical and drug history in the evaluation of an immunosuppressed patient who presents with an aggressive skin cancer; description of pre-op and post-op management of aggressive skin cancer in immunosuppressed patients; and use of adjuvant therapies in the immunosuppressed patient with skin cancer.
(L-R) Justin Leitenberger, MD; Fiona Zwald, MD; Matthew Fox, MD